The Content of My Blog contains my views and thoughts. It does not reflect the views of the Peace Corps,the US Government, or El Salvador's Government.



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Asamblea General

Last Wednesday the 20th of October I had my asamblea general. Basically, I had to present to my boss and my community who I am, what is peace corps, and what are the areas people have asked me to work in/ areas I see I could work in for the next two years.

So I invited all the kids at the school parents some 300 kids and then I gave out invitations to all the "community leaders"- the priest, pastor, tienda owners (store owners), the mayor, and then I invited a few of the families I like. Anyways like 50-60 people showed up, but neither one of my counterparts did....

I was frustrated with this and upset but there are plenty of areas and hopefully people to work with here!

Good news was that I got like 16 people interested in forming an ADESCO which is like a town council ish thing but is a body that is apolitic and is suppose to represent and respond to the needs of the community. Also, I got like another 15 women interested into making a softball team!! Oh yeah, so I'm not very good at softball nor did I ever have any desire to play it before but its the only sport really women/girls will play here so softball it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment