The Content of My Blog contains my views and thoughts. It does not reflect the views of the Peace Corps,the US Government, or El Salvador's Government.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

9 de Octubre

Salvadorian food…is mas o menos bien (pretty good for the most part). Refried beans, eggs, tortillas, pupusas, chicken, rice (eh) and vegetables and fruit here and there. However, the pairings of food here just is well a bit interesting especially breakfast. Yesterday, my host mom asked me if I wanted eggs and beans and I said sure, but when I got my plate it had wings and beans. Yes, wings that you eat on Sunday to watch football or whatnot for breakfast next to a big pile of refried beans with a side of tortilla. I like wings and I like beans separately. The combo was a new one.

Ademas de the new comida, laundry is as a chore has also a new meaning because I wash everything by hand. It literally takes me about 2 hours to wash my clothes from the week. This week when I was doing it I felt like a housewife from some era because I spent my whole morning doing it.

Oh, so I was on the bus the other day, and I hear the song the entertainer, like the music from an ice cream truck. And it was the ice cream truck! Yes, there is an ice cream truck in my town that plays the same music as in the US and sells ice cream for like 25 and 50. So weird.

Speaking of music…I bought a guitar, a bright yellow acoustic guitar. The cords or whatever I play is well pretty basic haha. I’m so excited to have one, and I found this kid Juan Antonio who plays for the Evangelical Church to teach me in exchange for some English! But yeah, I’ve wanted to learn to play guitar for like ever, but I was forced as a child to play piano instead by her (aka my mother). Yeah, I’m glad I played piano some, and now I figure I got 2 years to learn!

So, I don’t know if I should admit this, but since every time I hear Lady Gaga here I get really excited. In the US, I wasn’t such a fan, but I find myself having a new love for her. Also, for those of you who knew me back in like 7th grade and those GIANT ASS hoops I would wear. Well, girls wear those here, and I got given a medium size pair from this really sweet family…the ones that let me walk their cows with them from the pasture to their house…anyways, I kinda like them hahaha. But don’t worry it’s nothing like it was in middle school hahaha.

I hope everyone is doing well and I miss and love you all

oh yeah I hope someone has done some apple picking/ apple crisp making this fall for me hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment